Summary of Duties:
Responsible for acquiring debts owed to physicians and facilities. Monitor overdue accounts and collect on patient debts. Maintain open communication with management regarding collection activities. Turn approved accounts to appropriate collection agencies. Utilize and create reports related to collection activity within each practice/facility database
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all procedures and standards as outlined in the MOORE SUPPORT SERVICES policy and procedure manual
- Research patient balances and contact information on delinquent patient accounts for all of Moore Support Services’ clients
- Contact patients to inform them of overdue bills. Clearly state which medical practice or facility the bill is owed to.
- Negotiate a reasonable payment plan if/when the patient is unable to pay the account balance in full, maximizing the reimbursement to the physician without hindering the patient’s ability to pay.
- Advise patient’s of default consequences, follow up/aid in the maintaining of payment plans. Record any changes (address, phone number, insurance, etc.)
- Should a dispute occur, it is not the collector’s responsibility to debate services and treatment standards with the patient. In this circumstance, the patient should be referred to the client/facility for clarification and management should be notified
- Create and maintain collection reports (Utilizing the collection module within Medisoft) for each practice/facility
- Communicate with management and physicians/facilities regarding problem accounts/uncollectable balances. Approval from physicians/facilities must be obtained prior to any account being turned to collections
- Forward/upload approved accounts to the appropriate collection agency. Maintain communication and working relationship with designated contacts at each collection agency
This job requires knowledge of bookkeeping skills and balancing of accounts receivables. This job also requires a working knowledge of computers and accounting software.
High School Diploma
Some bookkeeping courses helpful
Must have the ability to read and write in the English language. Employees must be able to write letters with correct grammar and punctuation.
Must be able to add, subtract, and multiply mathematical facts. A test maybe given if employee’s ability to perform task is questioned during performance reviews.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of mathematical as well as patient oriented problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of work processing software; spreadsheet software; and contact management skills.
The work environment is that of professionalism and follow the guidelines set forth in the employee handbook.
The physical demands of this position are low. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.