Summary of Duties:
Process medical claims for all assigned accounts, ensuring proper use of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codes, along with complete and accurate patient demographic and insurance billing information. Work primary insurance aging reports for all assigned accounts. Work patient remainder aging reports and call on outstanding patient balances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all procedures and standards as outlined in the MOORE SUPPORT SERVICES policy and procedure manual.
- Key charges with complete accuracy of patient demographics, billing codes, and insurance information.
- Ensure all required information is obtained and complete from all assigned accounts (all daily charges are captured and accounted for)
- Works Primary Insurance Aging reports for all assigned accounts – following up on outstanding claims, working internal edit reports, and reports from the clearinghouse.
- Work patient remainder aging reports and make collection calls to designated patient accounts.
- Works with “teammate” on any other areas of assigned accounts needing follow-up.
This job requires knowledge of bookkeeping skills and balancing of accounts receivables. This job also requires a working knowledge of computers and accounting software.
High School Diploma
Some bookkeeping courses helpful
Must have the ability to read and write in the English language. Employees must be able to write letters with correct grammar and punctuation.
Must be able to add, subtract, and multiply mathematical facts. A test maybe given if employee’s ability to perform task is questioned during performance reviews.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of mathematical as well as patient oriented problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of work processing software; spreadsheet software; and contact management skills.
The work environment is that of professionalism and follow the guidelines set forth in the employee handbook.
The physical demands of this position are low. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.